Here is the final result of my Recycled Project. I had some help with the velcro, as my sewing machine was being a rebel as usual with anything than the ordinary. This is a photo of my little Sophie sporting her new woolen coat. I used the waist band of the skirt (see from previous post below) for the little belt. I sewed some velcro on each side to make a belt that attaches, also a piece of wider velcro sewn on the front closure. A blanket stitch was used all around the body of the coat to match the stitch I put on the belt.
When she tried it on for the first time, she pranced around in it and wanted to keep it on. Imagine, Sophie likes wool as much as I do! In this photo we have just come back from our morning walk, which was very wet as we are having March like weather today...mild and melting.