Thursday, December 10, 2009

SNOW!! means time for rug hooking......


The SNOW arrived here in Montreal with a wallop! We received a total of 28 centimeters; just enough for it to be a challenge to navigate the city. Luckily, I commute to and from work by subway.

With all of this snow around it is a perfect time to surround myself with lots of wool. This weekend is the regular monthly Hookin of our local hooking group called - Les Tapissiers de St. Henri / The St. Henri Rug Hookers. We usually meet the second Saturday of each month, with the summer months off. 

We would be happy to have you join us anytime....Our fantastic LOGO is designed by one of our talented members Louise de Tonnancour.

The St. Henri Rug Hookers were fortunate enough to have had Amy Oxford  http://www.amyoxford.com here in Montreal for a Punch Hooking workshop this past October. I have been spending some of my creative time in the dye pots - one of my favorite activities. I have been in the process of planning and dying for my first punch hooking project after my learning piece. Here is a sampling of some of my recent colors.


It has been a fascinating learning experience to dye with wool yarn. These  samples are dyed over Washed White Bulky, a 4 ply 100% wool yarn from Briggs and Little woolen mills in New Brunswick - http://www.briggsandlittle.com Interestingly, my usual formulas do not give the same results over the lanolin rich yarn as the same formula on wool fabric. I am excited to start my new project, however, I am trying to finish off some current projects before I start my punch hooking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tony

    I didn't realize when I first discovered your blog, that you are living in Montreal. I am originally from Montreal West and my mother and sister still live in the city!

    Also, I have had two schnauzers (minis) in the past and God Rest their little souls, I still miss them even today!

    I will be in Montreal in the spring and hopefully, for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie
    Let us know if you are coming to the city.
    It would be fun to have a visit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails