Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bye Bye Winter....

Welcome back the light.....so long winter blues.... I really think winter does a number on my body, mind and spirit..... Thanks to all of you who have emailed me or phoned me to ask if I was still alive and kicking...I will try to be more present on my blog.

Have a look at some antique rugs from Quebec, Canada. These are from my personal collection. We think these were hooked in the 40's - 50's and 60's. The style is typically Quebec "paysage" or landscape. The first two are hooked with cotton cord or yarn on fine linen, while the third is hooked with mystery fiber on burlap.

Happy First Day Of Spring!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! And nice to see those great old rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony! I am so glad the winter didn't snow you under completely! It has been a long and tough one here also and as you say hard on the body and mind!
    The colors are still so vibrant on those darling old rugs! They are wonderful!
    Here's to warm spring sunshine...... may it warm and revitalize us!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring Tony,

    I thought yesterday was spring, but today we awoke to a dusting of white stuff again. Oh well, it was too good to be true that we were done already.

    I love the mats you are sharing. I was one of the lucky people to see some Quebec mats at the Textile Museum collection show.

    We have quite a collection of Quebec art, but alas no mats. Maybe one day.....otherwise, perhaps I will just have to create one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toni...SO GREAT to see you posting!
    Thanks for sharing these wonderful treasures with us. Happy Spring...soon???
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails