Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Slowly....Some Progress

I managed to get some leaves and my pumpkins done...slowly....as my back is doing better ....a little punching here... and a little there. I manage a about a 1/2 hour at a time. I add up my 1/2 hours and there I am - some progress.
I am learning much about working with yarn and punch hooking - CONTRAST is extremely important. Notice how my leaves sort of blend altogether - even though I dyed up some very different values, and purposely made one a blue green and one a yellow green. Thankfully the two oranges work - just. The stems of the pumpkin and the crow read almost the same value as well. I will have to wait and see 'til I put in some background to see if I need to take out some and replace.


  1. Thanks so much for your comment re Bra Day. Glad to hear you are getting your 1/2 hour fixes here and there. Even that will move you along surprisingly quickly. The punch needle beast is quite a difference specimen. I love what you have done so far and the mix in the leaves is wonderful. It just might need a little darker bit on the edge of the underneath leaf. And I think you are bang on about the background with the crow and stem. Time will tell, so don't do anything rash!!

  2. Tony,
    Punch hooking seems to act like prodding when I do it, pile = distortion, high drama and several skipped values are de rigour!
    I'm so happy you are HOOKING and CREATING



Related Posts with Thumbnails